What are the 4 main causes of forklift injuries?
4 Common Causes of Forklift Operator Injury or Death
- Lift trucks are inadvertently driven off loading docks.
- Lifts fall between docks and an unsecured trailer while a worker in onboard.
- Workers (or pedestrians) can be struck by a lift truck.
- Trucks may fall while on elevated pallets and tines.
What are the main causes of injuries when using forklifts according to OSHA?
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) says many workers are also injured when:
- Forklifts are inadvertently driven off loading docks.
- Forklifts fall between docks and unsecured trailers.
- Workers are struck by forklifts.
- Workers fall from elevated pallets and/or the platform of a forklift.
What is the most common cause of forklift accidents?
Forklift overturns are the leading cause of fatalities involving lift trucks. Overturns can be caused by: Improper turning. Driving with an elevated load.
What are the main causes of injuries when using forklifts quizlet?
The main causes of injuries when using forklifts are overturns, striking pedestrians, being crushed by a forklift, or falling from one.
What are the hazards of forklift?
10 Forklift Hazards & Solutions
- 1) Horseplay & Improper Use. …
- 2) Pedestrians. …
- 3) Unsecured Loads. …
- 4) Lack of Maintenance. …
- 5) Floor Conditions. …
- 6) Docks. …
- 8) Over Capacity Loads. …
- 9) Overhead Obstructions.
What is the most common forklift hazard?
Some of the most common forklift accidents include overturns, struck with a forklift and falls from a forklift. Luckily, all of these forklift hazards are things employees can avoid with some vigilance and preparedness prior to and during operation.
What are the main causes of deaths and injuries on scaffolds?
Scaffold incidents causing injury or death to workers is often the result of either the planking or support giving way, by the worker slipping, the absence of fall protection, or being struck by a falling object. These incidents can be avoided by compliance with OSHA standards.
What are the main causes of deaths and injuries on scaffolds select all that apply Falls being struck by objects electrocution scaffold collapse bad planking?
The main causes of deaths and injuries on scaffolds are falls, being struck by objects, electrocution, scaffold collapse, and bad planking. … Having a plan in place means that it’s less likely injuries or damage will occur during an emergency.
What are the main causes of deaths and injuries on scaffolds select all that apply?
What Are the Main Causes of Deaths and Injuries on Scaffolds?
- Poor scaffold or scaffolding construction. …
- Careless or negligent workers. …
- Falling objects, tools and debris. …
- Employer negligence. …
- Dangerous environments.