A Husqvarna lawn mower may not start because you have a restriction in the fuel supply, a lack of sufficient air flow or a problem in the electrical system. An air filter, dirty carburetor, bad safety switch and faulty gas cap can all cause your Husqvarna’s starting problem.
What is the first thing to check if a lawn mower won’t start?
Your Mower Won’t Start:
- Loose, Dirty or Disconnected Spark Plug in Your Lawn Mower: Check it out, clean off debris, re-connect and tighten.
- Dirty Air Filter: Clean or replace.
- Fuel Not Reaching the Engine: Tap the side of the carburetor to help the flow of gas. If this doesn’t work, you might need a new fuel filter.
Why is my lawn mower turning over but not starting?
Q. Why is my lawn mower turning over but not starting? The most likely reason is bad gas. Gas that sits for many months during the off-season will eventually break down, gumming up the fuel line and carburetor in the engine and preventing it from starting.
How do you start a lawn mower when its cold?
How to Start a Cold Lawn Mower
- Brush the tip of the spark plug with the wire brush to remove any carbon and oil debris. Spray the tip with starter fluid. …
- Press the primer button near the air filter cover three times with you thumb. Take your thumb off and allow the primer button to raise back out. …
- Start your lawn mower.
How do I know if my lawn mower spark plug is bad?
A few symptoms provide clues that it’s time to change a spark plug.
- Hard Start. The most common problem associated with a bad spark plug in a lawnmower is that the mower is more difficult than normal to start. …
- Poor Engine Performance. …
- Excessive Fuel Consumption. …
- Physical Appearance.
How do you prime a lawn mower without a primer bulb?
In order to start your mower without a primer, squirt starter fluid directly into the carburetor via the air intake. Simply remove the air filter cover, take out the air filter, and squirt starting fluid into the air intake nozzle. Quickly replace the air filter, and start your mower. It should start straight away.
Where is the choke on a Husqvarna?
You can repair the choke problem by opening the Husqvarna mower’s engine hood and locating the carburetor halfway up the left side of the Husqvarna mower’s Briggs & Stratton engine. The circular choke piece is connected to the carburetor via a metal linkage rod.